Campus leaders provided an update on UC Berkeley’s plans for the spring semester, including new booster and testing requirements.
- Faculty, staff and students are required to get a booster shot as soon as they are eligible.
- We expect everyone to get tested before returning to work, study or live on campus.
- The expert consensus is that face coverings effectively reduce transmission and will continue to be required.
- We’re continuing to plan for fully in-person instruction in the spring.
- We also presently plan to continue to permit in-person events to the extent consistent with CDC guidance and state and city health department requirements.