Tuesday, May 10, 2022 - 9:30 a.m.As of Friday, May 6, completing the Daily Symptom Screener is no longer required. Instead, you are required to self-assess your symptoms each day before coming to campus.
You should not come to campus if you have had any new and unusual symptoms of COVID-19 (not attributed to a previously known medical condition) in the last 24 hours. Please also refer to the contact tracing and close exposures page for additional guidance.
Along with the Daily Symptom Screener, the Campus Access Badge is no longer required. Both tools will be preserved in case it is necessary to bring them back into use in the future.
Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - noon
Cal/OSHA recently made its third and final revision to the COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard. The Campus COVID-19 Prevention Plan has been updated accordingly. The new ETS will go into effect on May 6 and will remain in effect through Dec. 31, 2022.
Notable changes include:
- Employees will now be able to pick up N-95 respirators instead of KN-95 masks.
- When there is an outbreak and testing is required, employees can now self-administer and self-read their own tests so long as they provide a date stamped photo of the results (removed requirement for proctored test).
- Employees not fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear face coverings indoors.
- Cleaning and disinfection requirements are removed.
- Employers are no longer obligated to exclude an employee who has a “close contact” from work. Instead, the employer must develop/implement its own policy to prevent transmission of COVID-19 by those employees with close contacts, in accordance with CDPH guidance.
Procedures for outbreaks have been updated and will be implemented by Environment, Health & Safety in accordance with §3205.1.
Monday, March 7, 2022 - 6 a.m.
The previously announced changes to mask guidelines are now in effect.