- Fully vaccinated: You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive your final dose of vaccine.
- Indoors: Includes being inside a building or inside a vehicle.
- You are not required to wear a face covering if you are alone in a room with the door closed or when eating or drinking.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you should avoid eating indoors in crowded settings, choose outdoor dining options and use to-go options as much as feasible, or when those options are not available, you should maintain 6 feet of physical distance while eating and drinking.
- Face coverings are not required if you are performing a task that cannot be performed while wearing a face covering.
- Face coverings do not have to be worn by a residential student while in their own living space (e.g., room, suite, apartment, etc.) regardless of vaccination status.
Please note that individuals with an approved medical or religious exemption are still required to wear a face covering while indoors.
UC Berkeley continues to offer free face coverings to all employees. See the cloth face coverings distribution schedule for more information.