This page has been created to answer questions from staff related to the lifting of the campus’s mask mandate and will be updated as the situation evolves. For more information on masking requirements and guidance:
What you can do
- Request that individuals mask in your meetings or workspace. Signage is available on the masks page stating the campus’ stance that masks are “strongly recommended” for those who are fully vaccinated and required for those who are not fully vaccinated.
- Remind individuals that masking is strongly recommended by the campus and the city public health officer (current as of March 2022). Sample language: “I remind you that wearing a mask indoors is strongly recommended by the campus and the city public health officer.”
- Schedule meetings or appointments remotely, as long as you do not allow only masked or vaccinated individuals to attend in person.
- Seek employment accommodations or permission to work remotely due to personal or household health vulnerabilities. Contact your manager for information about the available processes and required documentation.
What you cannot do
- Require masks or face coverings in your meetings or workspace when there is not a campus-wide indoor mask mandate in effect.
- Require unmasked individuals to leave your meetings or workspace when there is not a campus-wide indoor mask mandate in effect.
- Require the wearing of a mask to participate in meetings or receive services.
- Check badges to attend meetings or enter your workspace, or require individuals to be vaccinated to attend meetings or enter your workspace.
- Refuse to do your job or provide services to individuals who are not wearing a mask if masking is not mandated by the campus. (Colleges, departments and units are not permitted to enact local pandemic restrictions without the approval of the campus’s Recovery Management Team.)