Cal/OSHA recently made its third and final revision to the COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard. The Campus COVID-19 Prevention Plan has been updated accordingly. The new ETS will go into effect on May 6 and will remain in effect through Dec. 31, 2022.
Notable changes include:
- Employees will now be able to pick up N-95 respirators instead of KN-95 masks.
- When there is an outbreak and testing is required, employees can now self-administer and self-read their own tests so long as they provide a date stamped photo of the results (removed requirement for proctored test).
- Employees not fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear face coverings indoors.
- Cleaning and disinfection requirements are removed.
- Employers are no longer obligated to exclude an employee who has a “close contact” from work. Instead, the employer must develop/implement its own policy to prevent transmission of COVID-19 by those employees with close contacts, in accordance with CDPH guidance.
Procedures for outbreaks have been updated and will be implemented by Environment, Health & Safety in accordance with §3205.1.