You can now be fined up to $500 in the city of Berkeley for not wearing a mask. The Berkeley city council has approved an ordinance that allows city staff to issue citations to individuals and businesses that are in violation of the city’s COVID-19 public health orders.
The current orders require you to:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a face covering when in public places.
- Maintaining a separation of at least six feet between members of different households.
- Wash your hands and otherwise maintain good hygiene.
- Stay home when you are sick or may have been infected with or exposed to COVID-19.
- Limit gatherings of persons from different households, and in particular, avoid indoor gatherings involving persons from more than one household.